Bob Alpers, PE
Certified Commissioning Authority (CxA)
Registered Professional Engineer: State of California #M30104 and Colorado.
Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Engineering, The Ohio State University
Certified Commissioning Authority: AABC Commissioning Group (ACG)
Certified Commissioning Provider: University of Wisconsin
Certified Retro Commissioning Provider: SDGE, SCE, PG&E, SMUD, CSU
Bob has over 40 years of professional experience in building mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems design, direct digital controls design, commissioning, and construction management.
Bob has over 11 years of experience working with multiple University of California and California State University systems, community college districts, K-12 school districts, DSA, Caltech, Stanford, California State Public Works, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, military, airports, hospitals and medical office buildings, hotel/resorts, casinos, commercial office buildings, and retail Client’s.
Bobs specialties include new building commissioning, retro-commissioning, existing building commissioning, monitor-based commissioning, digital controls systems, building automation troubleshooting and design, control system owner training, forensic engineering, and energy conservation analysis. Bob’s extensive building commissioning expertise dates back to 1996, providing all phases of the commissioning process including:
- Performing commissioning design reviews meeting California Title 24 compliance, CALGREEN, and LEED certification requirements
- Developing written commissioning specifications, commissioning plans, pre-functional and functional verification testing documentation, commissioning schedules
- Conducting scoping meetings and regular periodic commissioning meetings
- Investigation of complex project system failure, and troubleshooting system problems and working with the commissioning team to solve the problems
- Facilitating resolution of contractor document disputes
- Coordinating with owner, design and contracting teams
- Reviewing construction submittals, O&M manuals and commissioned system manuals
- Observing contractor installation, start-up, and test and balance
- Performing Functional testing procedures with contractors
- Maintaining non-compliance, issue and deficiency logs and review with contractor
- Developing and writing final commissioning reports
- Developing systems and concept manuals
- Monitor Based Commissioning